Welcome to Northwestern Independent Living Services Inc.
At Northwestern Independent Living Services Inc. (NILS), we are committed to promoting independent living for persons with physical disabilities and seniors. We serve consumers who live in communities throughout the Kenora and Rainy River Districts; such as Sioux Lookout, Red Lake, Dryden, Ignace, Atikokan, Fort Frances, Rainy River, Kenora and First Nations Communities.
We are a non-profit service with our main office located in Keewatin. Funding for NILS has been provided by the North West Local Health Intergration Network (NWLHIN), with no cost to the consumer.
We have Programs and Services that assist persons with physical disabilities and seniors with everyday needs such as:
• Attendant Services
• Supportive Housing
• Assisted Living for Seniors
• Managing personal finances
• Using community resources
• Maintaining a reasonable state of health
• Developing affective cooperative relationships
• Using community health programs to meet medical or professional needs
As well as providing support services, NILS members serve on various outside committees and boards.